Menu
Su carrito

Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse

Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Scioto County. Ohio River Lighthouse
US$3.29
Sin impuestos: US$3.29
Precio en puntos fidelidad: 329
  • Stock: En Stock
  • Peso: 20.00g
  • Las dimensiones: 5.00mm x 65.00mm x 65.00mm
  • SKU: 00005423

¿Te gusta? ¡Compártelo!

El autor de la foto: Don O Brien. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0).

Reviews

Escribir un comentario

Por favor acceda o regístrese para comentar.

Description

Ohio River Lighthouse

The Ohio River Lighthouse or the Vermillion Lighthouse is on the shores of Lake Ere in Vermillion, Ohio, United States. This lighthouse was erected on the grounds of the Inland Seas Maritime Museum near the mouth of the Vermillion River. This Ohio River Lighthouse is a replica of the original Lighthouse that was dismantled in 1929. Architect, Robert Lee Tracht, designed the Vermillion Lighthouse, with its 16 feet tower. The tower was wired for electricity and an incandescent lamp of 200 watt, with an Edison base was set up. A red glass cylinder, surrounding the lamp, used to complete the replica. The new Ohio River Lighthouse was dedicated on June 6, 1992. The octagonal lighthouse, measuring 15 feet in diameter and 25,000 pound at the base, was brought to Vermillion tower on a flat bed truck. With the help of cranes the tower was raised in less than three hours on October 1991. The lighthouse has since become a landmark of Vermillion's nautical heritage. This acrylic fridge magnet souvenir, with its depiction of the Ohio River Lighthouse, is an excellent memento for tourists to take home.

History of the Ohio River Lighthouse

The first Ohio River Lighthouse was a wooden structure built in 1847. In 1859, the lighthouse received $5000 grant to rebuild the structure and add a whale oil lamp and 6th order Fresnel lens. But once again, this structure was not strong enough to withstand Lake Erie's harsh weather. This time the lighthouse was built of iron and placed on the west pier at Vermillion. The Ohio River Lighthouse was assembled in Buffalo and then shipped to Vermillion. The new tower measured 34 inches high and stood at the end of the pier with a 400-inch long catwalk running above it. In 1929, it was observed that the lighthouse was leaning and had to be dismantled. It was subsequently replaced by an 18 inches steel tower, which included an automated light.

Utilizamos cookies y otras tecnologías similares para mejorar su experiencia de navegación y la funcionalidad de nuestro sitio. Consulte la Política de privacidad para obtener más información.