Menu
Su carrito

Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall

Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
Acrylic Fridge Magnet: United States. Alabama. Auburn. William J. Samford Hall
US$3.29
Sin impuestos: US$3.29
Precio en puntos fidelidad: 329
  • Stock: En Stock
  • Peso: 21.00g
  • Las dimensiones: 6.00mm x 77.00mm x 52.00mm
  • SKU: 00005069

¿Te gusta? ¡Compártelo!

El autor de la foto: Robert S. Donovan. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0).

Reviews

Escribir un comentario

Por favor acceda o regístrese para comentar.

Description

William J. Samford Hall on Acrylic Fridge Magnet

William J. Samford Hal is a famous building established in Auburn University situated in Auburn, Alabama. This hall is a prominent highlight of the Auburn University and is home to the administration of the University. It is named after William J. Sanford, who served as Alabama's governor from 1900 till 1901. The magnet displayed above exhibits a nice view of the hall in the evening and is a fitting keepsake of this momentous structure.

History of the Hall

Samford Hall was constructed sometime during 1888 after the Old Main hall was destroyed in a fire in 1887. Samford Hall was constructed using some of the bricks that were dug out from the ruins of the Old Main hall and it resembles the architecture of the old Main except for one difference; Samford had two tall towers whereas Old Main had only one. During 1889, bell and clockworks were also added to the taller tower of the hall. It served as the main classroom building during the nineteenth century and the library of the college was situated there too. During May 1929, the structure was renamed as William J. Samford. A carillon was placed in the hall in 1977 and several significant renovations were made to the hall during 1971.

Clock Tower of William J. Samford Hall

The most prominent highlight of the William J. Samford Hall is its clock tower. Its original clocks were built by the Seth Thomas Clock Company who was based in Thomaston, Connecticut but they were replaced by electronically operated clock and carillon manufactured by the Verdin Company in 1995. Parts of the original clockworks are exhibited in the main reception area of the hall. The carillon in the tower plays the tune of the Westminster Chimes during the quarter-hour and the 'War Eagle' song a couple of seconds after noon.

Utilizamos cookies y otras tecnologías similares para mejorar su experiencia de navegación y la funcionalidad de nuestro sitio. Consulte la Política de privacidad para obtener más información.