Palm trees swaying gently in the breeze, the mesmeric sound of the ocean waves gently lapping against the shore… it's enough to make you want to stay in Hawaii forever. But even the best vacations come to an end, and you won't want to forget a minute of your marvelous experience among the intoxicatingly beautiful islands of Hawaii. So how can you hold dear your wonderful memories of the Aloha State? Take home some of the best souvenirs from paradise and treasure them forever!
Besides a great suntan, a dashboard Hula doll or a tee shirt that's imprinted with the slogan, “I ‘heart' Hawaii,” these are a few of the most enjoyable, entertaining and memorable keepsakes from the Paradise of the Pacific. Check out some of these great souvenirs and then peruse gifts you can collect and share with your friends and family.
Best Souvenirs from Hawaii
1. Early Pan-Am Hawaii Travel Posters: During the early days of air travel, Pan-American Airlines produced magnificent tropical island posters that fostered daydreams of lying supine on golden sand beaches, sipping a mai-tai cocktail. Reproductions of these antique travel posters make fantastic keepsakes from Hawaii.
2. Good LuckTikki: Polynesian culture credits the god Tiki with creating humans from a mixture of his own blood and clay, and wooden and stone tiki carvings are an integral part of the island culture. There are many types of tiki souvenirs in Hawaii, from life-sized tiki sculptures, to tiki toothbrush holders, but make sure you take home a tiki good luck charm! You'll find them carved from wood, jade, bone and onyx and attached to a charming necklace.
3. Authentic Hawaiian Coffee: The aroma and flavor of freshly brewed coffee that has been grown in fertile volcanic soil is unlike any other coffee you've ever had. Take home some Kona, Caturra, Catuai or Maui Mokka coffee beans for friends and family- they'll love you for it!
4. Photographs: Shutterbugs are in heaven with all the stunning tropical scenery, so remember to take lots of pictures. You might also enjoy collecting some of our gorgeous photo fridge magnet souvenirs from Hawaii.
5. Iconic Hawaiian Floral Print Shirt: It might be a little bit cheesy, but everyone should own at least one Hawaiian shirt.
6. Hawaiian Soaps and Lotions: If you could bottle sunshine, it would smell as wonderful as the locally blended soaps and lotions made on the tropical islands of Hawaii.
7. Handmade Jewelry: Local artisans make fantastic necklaces, bracelets and earrings from the beautiful black pearls obtained from the seas surrounding the islands.
8. Elvis Memorabilia: He's still the King in Hawaii, and there are tons of Elvis souvenirs on offer all over the islands. You can even get a Swinging Hips Elvis Lamp, similar to the iconic hula doll.
9. Black Polished Kukui Nut Leis: The standard flower leis don't travel very well, but polished Kukui tree nuts are a beautiful reminder of the island paradise.
10. NOT Lava Rocks: Whatever you do, do NOT take home any lava rocks. Pele, the goddess of fire and volcano, places a curse upon anyone who takes lava rocks. This is evidenced by the hundreds of lava rocks that get returned to the post office on the Big Island by people who were skeptical of the curse until they took home a lava rock themselves.